Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 Restart

As I'm sure many of you can relate, sometimes we just loose track of things and don't know where the time goes.  My last post here to you all was early 2013, and suddenly it's 2014!  A lot has changed in my life since then and it took me a little while to really adjust to some of the changes.  Promotion at work, new relationship, new workouts, new eating habits.  Life is ever changing, and we are constantly needing to adapt.

Unfortunately in this time, I did gain a lot of the weight I had lost back.  My priorities had changed and I lost track of the slow creep up on the scale.  I was suddenly eating out a lot, and working through lunch.  Too exhausted to get to the gym and once winter hit, the lack of sunshine caught up to me pretty fast.

Am I going to let any of that stop me from trying to lead a healthier life?  Absolutely not!  I've finally put myself first again and made my health a priority.  I have lots of fun new exercise options to share with you and have set the goal for myself to try one new recipe a week to help offset some of the eating out by forcing myself to cook at home (which I do love to do, most of the time!)  Additionally, I've also challenged myself to finish one 5k a month and hope to improve my running time and endurance by the end of the year.

So hopefully you'll be hearing from me more this year, as I've set long-term goals, not short term fixes!  I want to share all my new recipes, how the 5K experience is, and even some fun outfits I put together on days where I feel great!  What are your goals for the year ahead?  Have you made January set a good pace for your 2014?  Thanks for sticking with me through all this, can't wait to share what I find :)

Cheers to you, all you accomplish, and to 2014 being our best year yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment