Thursday, February 27, 2014

Frozen Roasted Red Pepper Chicken

Food Find Review
Frozen Entree
From: Lean Cuisine Honestly Good
Find out more

So Lean Cuisine rolled out their new "Honestly Good" line, and I was honestly excited!  Frozen dinners can really save the day in a pinch, but they typically have much higher sodium than I would personally like to eat in one sitting.  On top of that, these varieties sounded delicious and looked like they actually had decent amounts of veggies in them!  Seems like a win all around, and it mostly is.

On one of my many busy days at work, I threw this in my bag on the way, knowing I wouldn't have time to take a lunch and wanted something quick.  I wasn't expecting it to be such a complicated process to get this food heated, as usually it's just vent and heat, maybe a quick stir and heat again.  You had to open it up and get the sauce packet out.  Then thaw that in running water while you heated the rest in the microwave in numerous steps.  I really was cranky about having to take so much time to do this, but I had no other choice at that point and just went ahead and did it all.  Here's what I ended up with:

a frozen meal that actually looks like a yummy meal!
What I can tell you, is the effort was worth it.  This food was tasty and satisfying.  I felt full for a good while after, as if I had put together something similar myself.  I loved how much broccoli I got but didn't feel cheated on the noodles either.  Another plus is I was easily able to eat this with the plastic-ware available to me in my office.  I'm definitely not opposed to purchasing this again, or other entrees from this line.  I just have to keep in mind that it takes about 10 minutes of my day to get it together at work, so don't time crunch it next time.

Have you tried other varieties of Honestly Good?  What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment