Wednesday, February 5, 2014

January Recap

So in order to get this blog restarted right, I figured I'd give you a little overview of what I accomplished in January!  The year started off with me at Disney World with my mom, while it's a magical place, temptation is all around!  So I definitely had some "get your butt back on track" moments when I got home from the trip.  I hope to write more in-depth posts about some/most/all of these things, but here's what I accomplished for the month.

Joined a DietBet - this is such an interesting concept and it was actually the second one I had attempted.  Why not bet some money on yourself to get you motivated to hit your goal?  I will give you the spoiler and say that I was able to accomplish the goal this time around (I had failed my first one) and I've joined a longer one at 6 months now!

Successfully accomplished at least one new recipe a week! - I tried Skinny Detox Soup, Banana Pancakes, Lemon Basil Chicken, Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Puffed Quinoa Energy Bars to name a few!  Some were bigger hits than others, but surprisingly nothing turned out awful that we wouldn't want to eat it again!

Broke in Just Dance 2014 - It's amazing how much more you exercise when you are doing something fun that you enjoy!  They got rid of some features I liked from the last one, but overall it's still a great option for a cardio break!

Finished the Hotcake Hustle 5k. - This was a 5k literally steps from my apartment, I had no reason not to try it!  It was a fun way to kick off the new year of goals and challenges for myself.  I'm still quite slow by most runner's standards, but I finished and that's what is important to me!

So overall I think I've set myself up for a pretty successful year and hope to build on what I've already accomplished in the few short weeks we've had of 2014.  What have you done for yourself to kickstart your new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment