Monday, March 3, 2014

Lemon Basil Skillet Chicken

Recipe Experience
New Recipe of the Week, Week of 1/27
From: Pillsbury Fast and Healthy
Find out more

So the name of the cookbook I pulled this from kind of says it all, this recipe is fast and healthy!  It's a skillet meal which makes it also a little lighter on the dishes which is always appreciated :)  

You essentially just cook the chicken breasts in a pan, then remove them and add lemon and basil to make the sauce.  We also did rice, (Rice Select Royal Blends, if you need a great rice suggestion) and I happen to love peas with my rice and this dish needed some veggie, so that was that!  What's nice about this is you can make it with all stuff you normally have on hand, so it's a great one to have in your back pocket.  We just chose to use fresh basil this time but dried basil would work too!  I usually have lemons in the fridge, chicken and peas in the freezer, and rice and basil in the pantry, what about you?  

Looks great when done!
So I really don't have much to say about the prep here, because it really was that easy!  The flavor was great.  Basil and lemon are both subtle flavors but pair so nicely together with the mild flavor of chicken and rice.  And again, it's all done in two pans, so clean up is pretty easy.  This one was definitely a keeper and will be made again soon since I do have all the stuff I'd need currently in my kitchen which is what's so nice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment